For yoga teachers, bodyworkers, nurses, and physical, occupational, and mental-health therapists.
Learn how to bring your students into a practice of restorative yoga that helps them release layers of tension, engage the relaxation response, and feel more at ease in their bodies. Jillian Pransky offers clarity on how the gross anatomy, subtle energy body, emotional body, and mental body work together in restorative poses.
This training covers:
- The relaxation response and the central nervous system
- Alignment to support optimal energy flow to all the body’s systems
- How to sequence restorative poses for various therapeutic effects
- The koshas and the energy body in asana
- Restorative asanas for different environments, special populations, and students with limited physical abilities
- Meditation and visualization for healing
- How to handle emotional responses and releases during practice
- The dynamic use of props.
Sessions include restorative yoga practice, hands-on practice-teaching, therapeutic touch and healing techniques, lecture, discussion, and Q&A sessions.
Note Tuition includes a manual. Please bring a camera to photograph poses and an eye pillow if you have one. This intensive includes extended hours.
This program is eligible for
- 27.5 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $20 additional charge
- 27.5 credits for Yoga Alliance (YA), $20 additional charge