Shake off the Winter Blues, and Join us for an Unforgettable Mexico Retreat
The Tulum, Mexico retreat promises relaxation, rejuvenation and an absolutely unforgettable week in Paradise. This retreat combines a "spring cleaning" yoga program, beautiful beaches and a complete refresher for the body, mind and soul.
In addition to flowing through a daily yoga practice in a beautiful open air yoga studio surrounded by spectacular views of white-sand beaches and unbelievably clear, turquoise water, plan to soak up spectacular sunrises, sunsets, starry skies, enjoy delicious local meals (and the best mango margaritas in Mexico).
A Sample Day
Every morning Jillian will weave various purifying techniques such as slow flow vinyasa, cleansing pranayama, mediation and relaxation and each evening you will experience a deeper release in restoratives and other expanding practices. You will become more revitalized each day and totally regenerated by our last class as we cumulate on the spring equinox with a transforming and celebratory practice.
Between classes you are invited to play hard or relax deeply. Our hotel, Amasala, is located directly on the beach, a short bike ride from the ancient Myan Ruins. And close to the Sian Ka’an Biosphere, Mayan for “Where the sky is born”. You can adventure out to swim and snorkel in the cenotes (underground caves), or relax and stay cool and lazy in a hammock; sun bathe, and more. For an extra fee you can enjoy spa treatments by Mayan midwives (including an amazing belly massage). Up and down the beach there is awesome food, great shopping, kite surfing and paddle boarding lessons, bikes for rent to explore on your own, or simply walk or run for miles along this gorgeous shoreline.
You are guaranteed to return home with a reenergized body, calm mind and awakened spirit.
Amansala is a perfect beachfront eco-resort, boasting two open air practice spaces and several different dining & gathering areas--both indoors and out--all with ocean views. All rooms have private baths with hot & cold water, separate sitting areas--each has its own artisanal decor and unique charm. Amansala has a luxurious bohemian chic feel with sweet ocean breezes, a beach club with bar, and gorgeous white sand beaches stretching in both directions. It really is a very special spot.
While all the rooms at Amansala are lovely, open to ocean breezes and none more than 80 feet from the ocean, not all rooms are oceanfront. These rooms are available on a first come/first served basis, so participants are strongly encouraged to book as soon as possible in order to have the possibility of reserving the most desirable room.
- Eco-chic beach hotel accommodations with artistic design details, well-appointed private bathrooms with hot water and purified water, Wi-Fi internet access, open air yoga rooms, open air seaside dining hall and beautiful beach-front lounging areas
- Three healthy, delicious meals daily (chicken or fresh fish & vegetarian options)
- Two daily yoga practices and two evening gatherings.
- Beach club use (loungers, hanging beds and hammocks); Bicycles, kayaks & Stand-up Paddleboards available for participants' use as well.
For more fun in the sun, check out our list of recommendations below!
This retreat is hosted by YogaWorks. To find out more, please click here.
These items are some of our favorites in the area! Participants may sign up for activities once they are in Tulum. We ask for at least 12 hours advance notice when booking excursions and spa services. Payments may be cash or credit card (Master Card or Visa only)...
- Cenote Snorkel Trip ($35 per person). This guided Snorkel trip to explore a fresh-water cenote, sacred to the ancient Mayans. Transportation, expert guide & equipment provided. An essential tour while in the Yucatan peninsula!
- Mayan Ruins & Nature Tour ($90 per person; minimum of six participants necessary). Secluded Mayan Ruins of Muyil day tour. Includes local guide, boat tour through lagoons & lazy river float through the mangroves of the Sian Ka'an Biosphere. A lovely day trip with great bird watching, pristine nature, & full of rich Mayan history.
- Traditional Mayan Temazcal (sweat lodge) ($65 per person; minimum of 6 participants necessary). Includes a traditional Mayan purification ceremony led by a shaman. This spiritual journey unifies the body, mind, and spirit to reach a deep connection with Mother Earth. An authentic experience not to be missed!
- Mayan Ruins to Coba Ruins Tour ($90 per person). Includes transportation to and from the more far away, but spectacularly large, Coba ruins (approximately 45/50 min from Amansala, entrance fee and guided tour.
- Massage & Spa Treatments. 60 minute massage or spa treatment ($85 each), as well as90 minute massages or spa treatments ($120 each) are available. The Amansala Body workers are extremely skillful!
A Note About the Spa
Full spa menu available is available at resort; a copy will be provided upon arrival to choose from. Days and general hours for massages will be incorporated into the week's itinerary. Participants can book massage appointments once on premises at Amansala. Specific times for massages will be scheduled upon arrival. The therapists at Amansala are truly excellent so all are highly encouraged to include some serious pampering into the retreat experience!