Restorative Yoga Teacher Training Intensive
This experiential training prepares participants to create full Restorative Yoga classes, incorporate restoratives into current yoga classes, develop a deeper personal practice, and integrate restoratives with other types of therapeutic modality. It is designed to give you a solid understanding of the role of the subtle energy body, nervous system, and mind activities in a restorative practice. You learn about the therapeutic impact of restoratives during times of illness, injury, pain, and other stressors and how to support optimal energy flow to all the body’s systems, working on physical, physiological, energetic, and emotional levels. Together we thoroughly examine poses, props, modifications, environment, touch, voice, and the power of guided meditation to help heal and transform our students.
Through exposure to a variety of techniques and tools, you develop skills in using restorative poses to create balance, nurture inner quiet, and renew core energy. We also discuss the latest mind-body research in Western medical science and where and how it intersects with Eastern philosophy.
Upon completion, participants will be able to create, guide, and practice a customized Restorative Yoga practice for themselves and others as well as handle a wide variety of illness, injuries, and aliments in a range of settings.
New and experienced yoga teachers as well as health professionals, including doctors, nurses, psychotherapists, occupational therapists, social workers, mental-health professionals, counselors, body workers, mind-body fitness instructors, health coaches, and others working in healing, helping, and teaching professions.
Restorative Yoga and deep relaxation experiences, lecture, discussions, a training manual, exercises, and partner and group work exploring therapeutic propping for structural injury, chronic ailments, and mental illness.
- Science of stress response and healing
- Neurology, physiology, and emotions of illness and healing
- Teacher-student dynamics when working with illness and injury
- Working with the koshas and subtle body energy
- Developing creative restorative asanas for the nervous system, mind, and energy body
- Basic therapeutic applications of Restorative Yoga
- Creative restorative asanas for different environments, special populations, and students with limited physical abilities
You will receive
- A Certification of Completion. This can be used for Yoga Alliance CEU hours in Restorative Yoga based on hours of program (usually 20-30 hours).
- An extensive training manual compiled by Jillian
- A list of recommended reading and resources
- A listing on Jillian Find A Teacher Graduate Page
- An extensive follow-up guide to online resources for continued study and practice
- An invitation to join an ongoing discussion and resource group for Restorative Yoga and Yoga Therapeutics teachers
- This training combines material from Level 1 and Level 2.
- This training is part of a 45 hour Restorative Yoga curriculum offered by Jillian. To get the most complete training in Restorative it is recommended that you also take Turning Your Hands On Assists Into Hands On Healing, The Art of Teaching Restorative Yoga with Minimal Props and The Art and Science of Guided Relaxation. Currently, completing these 5 modules create a 45-hours of Restorative Yoga Training.
- For those pursing Jillian's 100-hour Yoga Therapy Certificate 40 Hours of those hours are comprised of Jillian's Restorative Yoga Trainings while the additional 60 hours come from Jillian's Yoga Therapeutics Training