Lemon water is often recommended in Ayurveda as part of a good morning routine. It is known to help enhance hydration, aid digestion, support weight-loss efforts, improve the immune system, boost energy, and cleanse the liver.
Lemonade can also be a wonderful summer beverage any time, especially if made with natural and healthy sweeteners. Or try lemon water sweetened with strawberries instead of more traditional sweetners.
GET THE SQUEEZE ON LEMON WATER BENEFITS
TRY MY FAVORITE FRUIT WATER
My favorite lemon, mint, strawberry water (sometimes I do this with seltzer too!).
- 1 lemon squeezed and 1 lemon thinly sliced
- 5-10 strawberries sliced or quartered
- A handful of mint leaves. Think 5-10 or to taste.
- 2-4 cups of water depending on how strong you like it.
- Ice optional
- Place strawberries on the bottom of a larger pitcher
- Add lemon juice.
- Add mint. To release it's oils, I muddle the mint first with a make shift morter & pestle (using the back of a spoon and small bowl) or twist it gently.
- Add water.
- Let it infuse for a couple of hours in the fridge before drinking.
Need something sweeter?
Or Try this LEMONADE recipe inspired by Leanne Vogel
It is a delicious, light, lower-sugar option that has all the flavor, with less empty calories than conventional lemonade.
- ½ cup coconut nectar or coconut sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (from approximately 6 lemons
- 4 cups cold water
- Optional additions: Sliced Strawberries, blueberries, sparkling water instead of regular water.
- Add nectar or sugar and 1 cup water to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Once boiled, remove from heat and add to a glass pitcher.
- Add lemon juice and remaining water.
- Place in the fridge for 2-3 hours to chill.
- Serve with ice cubes.